ARTIQ are growing! Art Handling Technician
ARTIQ is a fast-growing, market leading art consultancy based in London. We represent and work with some of the best artists around, giving our clients unrivalled access to unique and inspiring collections. Artists get paid fairly and clients get beautiful, relevant art collections.
Title: Art Handling Technician
Report to: Head of Operations
Purpose of the Role:
To store, transport and install artwork in workplace, hotels and residential properties.
1. Installation of artwork.
2. Maintenance of art storage.
3. Installation logistics.
1. Clear understanding of safety procedures.
2. Maintain the confidentiality and integrity about the Company at all times and ensure all confidential documents are securely stored.
3. Promote and be an ambassador for the Company at all times. Highly professional, patient and understanding – our contacts range from loading bay staff to CEOs. You represent ARTIQ with every conversation you have.
4. Where necessary, help project team in job quoting.
5. Maintain the Art Store, ensuring incoming and outgoing art is neatly and logically stored and documented.
6. Help the project teams maintain the Database for original artworks.
7. Maintain a high-level and smooth supplier relationship by regular and open communication with established and new suppliers.
8. Liaise with suppliers on project delivery.
9. Project manage custom jobs, including but not limited to custom frame orders, reframing and bespoke fabrication jobs.
10. Manage and minimize overheads for installations and find cost-savings wherever possible.
11. Punctual, efficient and prepared with the correct tools and materials for the job to be completed to the highest standard.
12. Follow up with the project teams and client logistics post-installations.
13. Perform general administrative duties assisting the Head of Operations in general office logistics for the Company.
14. Constantly innovate and strive to find sources for new suppliers, including but not limited to, speaking with new suppliers the phone and in person; utilising social media; building strategic partnerships; press scanning; networking.
15. Demonstrable knowledge and initiative for curating art on site.
16. Proactive and problem-solving against last minute changes and unplanned situations.
17. Driving-license preferred.
18. Willingness to travel, both within London, regionally and on occasion, internationally.
To apply, please submit a CV and covering letter to: email@example.com
Submission deadline: Tuesday 5th February 5pm