Reports to: Lead Curator
Purpose of Role:
To conduct project research and curate collections. To source local and international artists for use in projects. To work to briefs set by the consultancy team across the workplace, hospitality, residential and public realm sectors.
You will use your extensive knowledge of contemporary artists to create bespoke art collections for ARTIQ’s clients. You will have an existing network of artists in the UK, along with a knowledge of global corporate and hospitality art collections. The ideal candidate will be able to work at a fast pace, to a client’s brief and to confidently be able to offer ideas. This is an exciting role where you will have the opportunity to work alongside hundreds of artists, offer your expertise to our clients and work on commissioning large scale public art projects as well a vast variety of worldwide projects.
- Research and curate art collections for sale and rental to project briefs
- To design presentations that meticulously follow brand guidelines
- Build a credible network of potential artists and suppliers
- Produce considered research in the form of meticulously presented art packages in response to a consultant requirement of brief.
- Curate collections and exhibitions for the scope of specific projects.
- Maintain the confidentiality and integrity about the Company at all times and ensure all confidential documents are securely stored.
- Attend client briefings with Art Consultants and present information in meetings about ARTIQ’s artists and suppliers.
- Promote and be an ambassador for the Company at all times by attending industry events (specifically in the spheres of Hospitality, Interior Design, and Architecture).
- Where relevant, assist with the running and organisation of events and exhibitions.
- Work with the Artist Liaison to advise new artists to sign.
- Where relevant, propose innovations for expansion into new markets or that result in more efficient processes.
ARTIQ is committed to equality of opportunity for all staff and applications from individuals are encouraged regardless of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnerships.
To apply, please send a cover letter and your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org with a subject line ‘Curator Application’.