Artiq is a London-based art agency creating impact with culture. We connect our clients with the cultural world, curating art collections and experiences while guaranteeing fair pay for our artists.
We are looking for a creative and knowledgeable Art Researcher to join the curatorial team. You will use your extensive knowledge of contemporary artists to assist in creating bespoke art collections for Artiq’s clients. You will have an existing network of artists in the UK, along with a knowledge of global corporate and hospitality art collections.
Purpose of the role
The Art Researcher will conduct in-depth project research for project-specific briefs, source local and international artists for use in projects, working to briefs set by the curatorial and creative team across all sectors.
The ideal candidate will be able to work at a fast pace, to a client’s brief and to confidently be able to offer ideas. This is an exciting role where you will have the opportunity to work alongside hundreds of artists, offer your expertise to our clients and work on commissioning large-scale public art projects as well a vast variety of worldwide projects.
• Research artists and artworks for sale and rental to project briefs.
• To assist in the design of presentations that meticulously follow brand guidelines.
• Build a credible network of potential artists and suppliers.
• Produce considered research in the form of meticulously presented art packages in response to the consultant's brief requirement.
• Curate collections and exhibitions for the scope of specific projects.
• Maintain the confidentiality and integrity about the Company at all times and ensure all confidential documents are securely stored.
• Attend client briefings with Art Consultants and present information in meetings about Artiq's artists and suppliers.
• Promote and be an ambassador for the Company at all times by attending industry events (specifically in the spheres of Hospitality, Interior Design, and Architecture).
• Where relevant, assist with the running and organisation of events and exhibitions.
• Work with the Artist & Partnerships Manager to advise new artists to sign.
• Where relevant, propose innovations for expansion into new markets or that result in more efficient processes.
How to apply
Please answer the following two questions and send your answers together with your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
What was your favourite exhibition visit of 2022 and why? Explain your answer in less than 300 words.
Which of Artiq's projects or social media posts stood out to you and why? Explain your answer in less than 300 words.
9th of December.
This is a full-time role based partly in our London office.
Artiq is committed to equality of opportunity for all staff, and applications from individuals are encouraged regardless of age, disability, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, marriage and civil partnerships.