- Creating your account
- Activating your account
- Accessing a sale
- Locating sale information
- Locating product information
- Placing your first bid
- Placing your first maximum bid
- Deleting a bid
- Adding items to a watchlist
- Accessing items in a watchlist
- Resetting your password
Creating your account
Signing up to your first online auction is simple.
- To sign up for an online auction click + Create Account on the online auctions page.
- Fill in your personal details, ensuring to take note of your username, email address and password.
- Click create account to get started.
Activating your account
Check your emails to start bidding.
- Sign in to your email address where you will see an email from us.
- Click the activation link in the email, or copy and paste it into your browser
- Login again to start bidding.
Accessing a sale
Two ways to access a sale.
- Click the title of the auction shown in bold
- Click any of the six pictures shown on the sale tile
Locating sale information
Once you’re inside a sale, look left.
- Sale information is found on the left hand side of the screen next to the sale items. It includes general information, collection information, terms and conditions, payment details and removal details.
Locating product information
Click an item to learn more.
- The product information page shows the main item image, title and summary. There is also a full description which was not available on the previous page.
- Click the photos tab for any other photos related to this item. Click an image to enlarge it.
- Related items are also shown underneath the item on this page.
Placing your first bid
Placing a bid is as simple as a click of a button.
- Before placing your first bid, you need to read and accept our auction terms and conditions. Click the button that says Please accept the terms and conditions.
- Find the lot you wish to place a bid on.
- Click place bid.
Placing your first maximum bid
Let the system bid on your behalf.
Underneath the place bid button, there is a section that allows you to type in numbers. This is your maximum bid section.
- Type in the amount you would like the system to bid up to.
- Click place maximum bid.
- Confirm your selection and leave your bid.
- If there is another bid, the system will automatically place bids for you, using the stated increment, up to your nominated amount.
Deleting a bid
You cannot delete a bid from the system on your own.
- Consult the terms and conditions of the auction to see whether or not the deletion of bids is allowed in your auction.
- If yes, call the auction house directly to have your bid removed.
- You will be sent an automated confirmation email once this has been actioned.
Adding items to a watchlist
Keep an eye on the items you’re after.
- At the bottom of each item, there is a button that says watch item.
- Click this button to add an item to your watch list. The button will turn a different colour and say watching item once it’s in your watch list.
Accessing items in a watchlist
Locate your watch list.
- To locate your watch list, ensure that you are logged in.
- Click the watch list button at the top of the screen. There is also a go to watch list button under each item.
- Use the tabs to navigate between your:
- live bids: items that you have currently placed bids on
- live offers: items that you have currently made an offer on
- watching list: items that you have nominated to watch – regardless of whether you have placed a bid
- closed bids: bids on previous sales and closed lots
- closed offers: bids on previous sales and closed ‘make offers’
Resetting your password
Don’t stress, you’re not the first person to forget it.
- Click login and select the link that says forgot / reset password
- Type in the email address that you used to sign up.
- Click email me.
- Check your emails for a link to reset your password.
- Type in your new password and save your changes.